Wednesday, March 31, 2010

~tattoos~

The world is divided into two kinds of people: Thos who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos. Either that or they think we are bad people. Its the year 2010 more than just bikers and ex-cons get tattoos. It's sad really but its true. I have tattoos, and "for a girl" quite a few. I love my tattoos. But I do get those awkward stares from people when I'm at the grocery store, or at a resturant.
Tattoo's are the thing of my generation. And all of my tattoos have a meaning to me.
This tattoo is my quarter sleeve. It started out as just the little bird
and grew into my "master piece". It, believe it or not, has meaning to me.
I choose the lotus flowers, because they mean, a new beginning.
The bird means, freedom/carefree.
And the quote "Diamond in a Landmine", means that I
am not going to let guys push me around anymore.

This is my Fender tattoo, for my baby Fender.
I love that dog so much, and would be heartbroken with out him.
Soon I will be adding a tattoo for Gracie on the same foot.







This is my first ever tattoo. I got it on my hip, when I was 17. This
is the only tattoo I regret. I got it to get a tattoo, and it has no meaning.






This is my tattoo that my brother got me for my 18th birthday.
He has the same kongi on his side.
It means Sincere Love.
(I know that it really says that because I
had a chinese lady read it).
Bryce wanted to buy me my first tattoo,
but already had two, so he just settled for getting me a tattoo for a gift.









This is that tattoo that has the most meaning to me. When my aunt Jenny got sick I got the cherry blossom for her. She was diagnosed with brain cancer, and was also pregnant with her second daughter. Cherry blossoms mean feminine strength. I can't think of anything but strong when you can handle being pregnant and going through treatment for cancer.

The day after she passed away, I went to the tattoo shop and had her name tattooed with the flower. I love my aunt Jenny very much and miss her everday. I love that I have something to remind me how special life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment